The library of the Law Faculty of the University of Zurich comprises around 200K books and 700 journals and 500 workplaces. It is housed in the inner courtyard of a building from 1908, designed by Hermann Fiertz. Designed by Santiago Calatrava, the new building opened in 2004 and has a 30m high atrium.
Six lens-shaped galleries offer research spaces.
The colour of the materials used, white stone on the ground floor and light wood everywhere else, create the impression of being in a room flooded with light.