Fondation Martin Bodmer, founded in 1971 and located in Cologny near Geneva, is home to a collection of over 150000 books. In particular it is conserving the only Gutenberg Bible in Switzerland. Since October 2015, Fondation Martin Bodmer is part of UNESCO's Memory of the World program.
In 1944, Martin Bodmer purchased a property in Cologny to house his book collection. Two existing pavillons were transformed and used by the museum from 1951 to 2001.
Plans to extend the museum space were started in 1999 and the underground extension, designed by Mario Botta, was inaugurated in 2005.