The history of the Aargauer Kunsthaus goes back to the foundation of the Aargauischer Kunstverein in 1860.
Its building in Aarau was designed by the local architecture practice Loepfe, Hänni und Hänggli and inaugurated in 1959. The new extension was designed by Herzog & de Meuron and completed in 2003. Both the original building and the new extension contain spiral staircases.
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus - Herzog & de Meuron staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus - Herzog & de Meuron staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus  - Herzog & de Meuron staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus - Herzog & de Meuron staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus - exhibition room
Aargauer Kunsthaus - exhibition room
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus - 1959 staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus - 1959 staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus - 1959 staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus - 1959 staircase
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Aargauer Kunsthaus
Back to Top