The construction of the San Vittore church in Poschiavo began in the 12th century and the tower was erected in the first half of the 13th century. The church was rebuilt and expanded again and again, with baroque-style building work essentially finished in 1653. The Baroque door with carved figures dates from 1700.
The capstones in the nave are decorated with a peacock, an ibex, the coat of arms of Poschiavo and a rosette. Fragments of late Gothic paintings from the early 1500s can still be seen on the ceiling.
The altar and organ gallery were created by Theodor Schnell in 1903/1904 as part of the Neo-gothic renovations at the beginning of the 20th century.