The museum of the twentieth century opened in December 2010. It is housed inside the Palazzo dell'Arengario with spectacular views of the Piazza del Duomo. Palazzo dell'Arengario was designed by Piero Portaluppi, Giovanni Muzio, Pier Giulio Magistretti and Enrico Agostino Griffini. Its construction took from 1936 until 1956. The palace was restored and adapted to house the museum to plans by Italo Rota and Fabio Fornasari in the early 2000s.