Sammlung Rosengart, a modern art museum in Lucern, was inaugurated in 2002. It contains works of the private collection of the Rosengart family. Angela Rosengart and her father Siegfried Rosengart, art dealers specialising in Classic Modernism, over time created a private collection of over 300 works, with Paul Klee and Pablo Picasso being the most represented ones.
Part of the original decoration, a large coat of arms held by two lions is located above the entrance.
The museum is located inside the former Swiss National Bank building, constructed in 1924 to plans by Swiss architect Hermann Herter. It was transformed for the museum by Diener & Diener.
The basement with the former bank vaults is part of the museum as well as the upper floor with it glass ceiling.