The history of the Château de Vidy goes back to the 15th century when it was actually a church ! After many changes of ownership, the castle was bought by Jean-Louis Loys in 1760 and was redesigned between 1772 and 1774 to give it its current facade. Both Napoleon Bonaparte and Voltaire were once visitors here.
The property was bought by the city of Lausanne in 1960 and during the Swiss National Exhibition in 1964, the Château was used for the management team and for receptions. Since 1968, it is used by the CIO after Villa Mon-Repos became too small for the growing number of employees of the International Olympic Committee.