Notre-Dame du Valentin in Lausanne was the first catholic church to be built in Lausanne since the reformation in 1536. Indeed, until 1810, a cantonal law prevented the construction of catholic churches. Notre-Dame du Valentin was designed in a neo-classical style by Henri Perregaux and built between 1832 and 1835. It initially didn't have a bell tower, which was forbidden by law until 1878.
The 38-meter high bell tower and the stairs leading to Place de la Riponne were added in 1932 - 1933 to plans by Swiss architect Fernand Dumas.
Twelve multi-coloured windows were added in 1977 by Pierre Estoppey.
Notre-Dame du Valentin is currently undergoing renovations.