Théâtre de l'Heure bleue in La Chaux-de-Fonds is a neo-Baroque theatre in the Italian style that has preserved its original appearance. It was built in 1837 to plans by Peter Jakob Meinrad Felber and then offered around 900 seats spread across the main floor and three balconies. Since 1966, the main entrance to the theatre passes through the adjacent Salle de Musique, built between 1953 and 1955.
The ceiling of the theater is decorated with 12 vellum panels featuring the nine muses and allegories painted by Georges Och and Jean-Louis Chenillon. After having been covered with musical cherubs in 1899, eleven of them have been restored during renovations and are now displayed again !
It was renovated between 2001 and 2003 under the direction of Pierre Minder. With now about 500 seats it has a very intimate atmosphere.