The double monastery of Poor Clares and Franciscans was founded in 1309. While the nave of the church was built in 1314, it wasn’t until 1330 that the architectural choir with its stained glass windows was raised. The monastery was secularized in 1528 with the Protestant reformation and the church is since 2009 a museum.
Its glass windows were created between 1320 and 1360. While some of them were destroyed over time, luckily almost none of the designs were lost and they could be recreated, for example during renovations at the end of the 19th century by glass painter Richard Nüscheler.