Commissioned by the British consul Daniel-Fitzgerald Barton, Victoria Hall in Geneva was built between 1891 and 1893 to plans by Swiss architect John Camoletti. It was inaugurated in 1894.
The Beaux-Arts style facade contains, above a false loggia, the statue of Harmony, created by sculptor Joseph Massarotti. The names of 16 composers are engraved on the corner towers.
The concert hall is decorated in red and neo-Baroque stucco work with gold leaf gilding.
After an arson fire on September 16, 1984 destroyed parts of the building, the city of Geneva decided to restore Victoria Hall. The original ceiling paintings by Ernest Biéler, representing the terrestrial harmonies rising towards the celestial harmonies, were replaced with a contemporary work by Dominique Appia.
The new organ was built by Van den Heuvel and inaugurated on February 14, 1993.
Since 1986, Victoria Hall is part of the cantonal list of heritage buildings.