The Church of Christ the King (Église du Christ-Roi) in Fribourg was designed by Swiss architect Denis Honegger, winner of the architectural competition held in 1943. Built between 1951 and 1954, using reinforced concrete, it is one of the major achievements of 20th century religious architecture in the canton of Fribourg.
Its fan-shaped plan for the nave was very innovative. Another peculiarity is that it has neither bell tower nor bells.
The stained glass windows were designed by Théodore Strawinsky, son of the famous composer Igor Stravinsky.
The large bronze crucifix behind the main altar was created by Catalan sculptor Apelles Fenosa.