Palais Lumière in Évian-les-Bains was designed by French architect and climber Ernest Brunnarius and constructed between 1900 and 1902 as a spa, then named Bains d'Évian.
Constructed using reinforced concrete, the spa building was inaugurated on February 16, 1902. Its facade is made of white and yellow painted brick and its entrance framed by two towers.
The side walls of the entrance are decorated with two paintings by Jean Benderly: "Nymphs at the Spring" and "Nymphs on the river bank". The interior is illuminated through stained glass windows.
The dome over the central hall of the building is 35 meters high.
In 1996 the city of Évian-les-Bains bought the building and hired architects Michel Spitz and François Châtillon for extensive renovations. The new building was inaugurated in 2006 and now serves for exhibitions.