Art Gallery of Ontario was established in 1900 as the Art Museum of Toronto. It was renamed the Art Gallery of Toronto in 1919, before being given its current name in 1966. It is located in The Grange, a historic Georgian manor, built in 1817, making it the oldest remaining brick house in Toronto. The building was expanded several times, in particular between 2004 and 2008 to plans by Frank Gehry.
Back to Top