Architectural sculpture and anamorphosis as the new entrance to the Haute Ecole d'Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud in Yverdon-les-Bains
Design: A&F architectes, completed in 2019
The history of Centre St-Roch goes back to 1920 when Paillard SA constructed a first building for its typewriter production. The company later became Paillard SA - Hermès Precisa and its typewriters were used by famous writers such as Hemingway, Kerouac, Steinbeck and Ionesco. At the end of the 1980s, production in Yverdon-les-Bains stopped and the industrial building complex became the Centre St-Roch.
This incredible sculptural staircase is part of the rehabilitation carried out for HEIG-VD in 2005 and 2006 by Dolci Architectes.