The history of the SGH Warsaw School of Economics goes back to 1906 when August Zieliński started to give courses on commerce. Polish architect Jan Witkiewicz-Koszczyc designed most of its initial buildings. The Main Building was constructed to his plans between 1951 and 1955 and features a 28 meter wide stepped dome that raises 40 meters from the ground. It is sometimes referred to as the "Parachute hall".
There is a total of 224 windows in the "parachute" like dome.