The building for the Bank Towarzystw Spółdzielczych in Warsaw was constructed between 1912 and 1917 to plans by Polish architect Jan Heurich. While the building was initially supposed to hove five storeys, during construction, it was decided to reduce it to four floors only. Finished with multi-colours marble, it was one of the most beautiful banks in Poland.
Due to the giant eagle statues on two of its corners, created by Józef Zygmunt Otto, the building is sometimes also called Dom Pod Orlem (House under the eagle).
The main entrance led immediately into the spiral staircase.
The building was almost completely destroyed during the Warsaw Uprising in 1944 and rebuilt in 1948 and 1950. The new plans by Barbara Brukalska introduced some changes to the original design, such as moving the main entrance to the center of the facade. Since 1962, it is a listed building.