Designed by Montreal-based architecture firm Ross & MacFarlane, Ottawa‘s main railway station was built between 1909 and 1912. It was replaced by a new station outside of the downtown core in 1966. At first the building served as the Government Conference Center and then as the interim home to the Senate of Canada while the Centre Block of Parliament undergoes major rehabilitation work.
Back to Top