The West Block on Parliament Hill was built between 1859 and 1865. The original facades of the Gothic Revival building were kept intact when the interim House of Commons Chamber was installed in its central courtyard while the Center Block is closed for renovations. Its glass roof is supported by 20 steel columns in the shape of giant trees.
Back to Top