Meggenhorn Castle on Lake Luzern was built between 1868 and 1870 by Edouard Hofer-Grosjean from Mulhouse with a design similar to the French castle Chambord.
When Madame Marie Amélie Heine-Kohn purchased it in 1886 she decided to add a small free-standing neo-Gothic chapel designed by architect Heinrich Viktor Segesser. The property was sold again in 1920, this time to the Zurich textile industrialist Heinrich Frey-Baumann. He renovated the chapel and equipped it in 1926 with a Welt-Philharmonie organ that can be seen on the left of the photo. The pneumatic organ could be played normally from a console, but was also able to automatically play songs using perforated paper rolls. 104 of these rolls have survived until today !