Founded in 1852, London's Victoria and Albert Museum is the world's largest museum of applied arts and design. It opened at its current location in South Kensington in 1857. The museum's main entrance was built to plans by Aston Webb between 1899 and 1909.
Main Entrance - Aston Webb, constructed between 1899 and 1909
Main Entrance - Aston Webb, constructed between 1899 and 1909
The Hereford screen was built in 1861 in the Gothic revival style by Francis Skidmore for the Hereford Cathedral.
Paul and Jill Ruddock Gallery
Paul and Jill Ruddock Gallery
Cast Court
Cast Court
Hereford Screen
Hereford Screen
Since 2000, an 11 meter long glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly is installed in the museums entrance.
glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly
glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly
museum entrance with glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly
museum entrance with glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly
Back to Top