Casa Las Caglias was the first house Rudolf Olgiati designed and built in this sector of Flims which is today sometimes called the Olgiati district due to the numerous houses he built there over time. Completed in 1960, Casa Las Caglias was extended in 1972 by Casa Radulff with which it forms a complex today.
The house is built on top of a rock which is integrated into the swimming pool area in the basement.
Part of Casa Las Caglias is now used by the restaurant "Las Caglias".
In 2019, the Grisons Heritage Society included Casa Las Caglias in the list "52 best buildings - Grisons culture of construction 1950 - 2000".