The Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) was built between 1894 and 1905 to plans by Julius Raschdorff. The Neo-Renaissance and Neo-Baroque style building is the largest Protestant church in Germany. The cathedral suffered heavy damage during WWII; the interior restorations were completed in 2002. Currently, its exterior undergoes renovations necessary due to the effects of rain and exhaust fumes.
The cupola has a diameter of 33 meters.The round window at its center shows the dove of the Holy Spirit in a halo. Below are eight mosaics depicting the Beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount created by Anton von Werner.
The exterior of the cupola can be reached by climbing 270 stairs. At a height of 50 meters, it offers beautiful views all over the city.