The Shell-Haus in Berlin was built for the Rhenania-Ossag Mineralölwerke AG between 1930 and 1932 to plans by Emil Fahrenkamp. The Rhenania-Ossag Mineralölwerke AG became the Deutsche Shell AG in 1947, hence the current name of the building. These days it is used by the German Ministry of Defense.
One of the first steel-framed high-rise buildings in Berlin, its most striking feature is the waving facade rising from 5 to 10 levels high. Stylistically it is part of the New Objectivity (Neue Sachlichkeit) movement.