The Neue Nationalgalerie was built to plans by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe between 1965 and 1968. It is the only building by Mies van der Rohe built in Germany after WWII. It is home to the collections of 20th-century painting and sculpture of the Berlin State Museums.
The 1200 tons heavy roof with a surface of 4200 square meters is only supported by 8 pillars and therefore almost seems to be floating !
The large-scale sculpture "Imperial Love", created by American artist Robert Indiana in 1966, is installed on the museum's terrace.