The French Cathedral (Französischer Dom) is a protestant church at the Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin Mitte. It was built between 1780 and 1785 to plans by Carl von Gontard in the Baroque style.
After being damaged during WWII, the building was restored between 1978 and 1983 and now has a very modern interior.
Since 1987 a carillon consisting of 60 bells and with a total weight of 29 tons is installed in the tower. The lowest pitch bell has a weight of 5.7 tons and the highest pitch one weights 14 kg.